cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creating Collections within retry blocks

jason1
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

We have error handling retry logic that re-runs our recipe up to some max_attempts whenever we hit API rate limits. Since our recipe creates a Collection as part of its logic, we started seeing failures due to "table name already exists" -- which I suspect is because you can only create a single Collection for a list once in a given recipe.

Are there any good workarounds for this?

9 REPLIES 9

ben-urbanski
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hello Jason,

You could first check to see if the table already exists and drop it if necessary. Hereโ€™s a screenshot of a recipe that wants to recreate a table in each iteration of a loop (a similar problem):

Regards,

ryan-stewart
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

Also, If you are creating a bunch of collections with retry numbers, be sure all those collections get cleaned up at some point in the recipe.

viswanathan-r
Deputy Chef I
Deputy Chef I

I faced the same exact issue. So I used a Ruby code which generates random 10 digit number. I appended the 10 digit to my table name. Now so far no issues.

gabriel-sim
Workato employee
Workato employee

Wow, so many clever workarounds! I'll look into it from the product side as well to see if we can provide a better way to solve it.

gabriel-sim
Workato employee
Workato employee

Hi everyone, we added an option that allows you to override the list which should address this issue. It's available as an optional field in this step.